Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Past - Today - Tomorrow?

Hello my friends, I am back. Hope this is a quick update on what I have been to lately. :)

I spent my Hari Raya (Muslim's New Year) holidays in Penang, not really going anywhere else but within the island. My wife, brother, my cousin Naomi, and I were at Coffee Bean having our drinks and we started commemorating the past. The past where we went to the beach, how we dug up a type of live shell called "Siput", and had real fun together with family, especially our grand mother. We also talked about times we caught fishes from the streams, with just tiny net. Those were memories of old (of course, Naomi wasn't with us that time, we were ages apart), where we spent most of the time close to the mother nature.

We lamented that the world today is just a flat computer/laptop screen. We meet friends thru MSN, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In. We play Farm Town, Sim City, we created our virtual home online. Everyone starts to become just a '0' and '1', if you know what I mean. We felt that though technology has advanced significantly, it has also kept us apart from the nature. And we felt that this is something that is alarming...

Have we wondered, what our future lies? What kind of world our kids will live in next? Lets not allow our future be remembered as something without trees, without stream, without clean and beautiful beaches, without hills or mountains, without human and physical touch. Lets all start getting back to nature, and that was what we have done yesterday, 21st Sept 2009, an unforgettable Hari Raya. :) Enjoy the photos, and think for the future!

Outside of Golden Sand Hotel, Penang. Nice sky!

Beach behind Golden Sand Hotel, Penang. Sunset Sky Texture!

Beach behind Golden Sand Hotel, Penang. Sunset Sky Texture!

Sunset Sky Texture...Yes with parachute!

Beach behind Golden Sand Hotel, Penang. Sunset Sky Texture!

Beach behind Golden Sand Hotel, Penang. Sunset Sky Texture!

Beach behild Golden Sand Hotel, Penang. Sunset Sky Texture!

Just before the darkness arrived...

My brother, my cousin Naomi...having snacks and 'drinks'

High ISO, photos look very grainy...To the right is my wife!

Very heavy shadow...no choice...

Enjoying snacks, 'drinks' and the enchanted sound of wave...

Before packed up to go!

Our so called 'drinks', 2 for each, and my wife had yoghurt drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment