Saturday, April 4, 2009

Long Silence

Hello my friends, sorry for the long silence. I have to be honest that the past 3 months or so I have been busy, and of course, there is always a tiny little secret more than just being busy. Yup, I was disappointed, disappointed with the photos I took during my trip to Penang Heritage sites back in Jan 2009. OK, I took pretty lousy shots on that trip, and that demoralized me a lot. Anyway, my friend Arden once told me that there will always be ups and downs in the journey of photography, and I should not give up. Probably today's talk by Arden at his office did wake me up a little, so that I continue my passion in photography and blogging. :) Thanks Arden.

Anyway, last Friday I went fishing with a group of friends. We departed Teluk Bahang, Penang at around 10.30am in 2 boats, went to the middle of the ocean for fishing. The weather was cloudy, and it took around 1 hour before the sky became really dark. We sailed back to the Monkey Beach, just to hide under a hut, waiting for our lunch to be served. To me, the lunch was good, maybe it was due to my hunger. :) We had BBQ chicken, fish, prawn, sausages, and salad. It was raining, and I did a few shots that were very much underexposed. When the rain stopped and everyone got back to the beach, that was when I took most of the candid photos.

Frankly it was my first time to try out taking candid photos. I stood pretty far from my friends, hoping that they would not realize that I was shooting on them. Anyway, with the lower than normal lighting condition, plus the long focal length, ISO 100, plus a little shaky hands I guess, a lot of shots were pretty blury. Quite disappointed actually, but thats what motivate me to start brushing up again and take photo more seriously next time.

Hope you enjoy the following photos. And please dont forget, come visit my blog often, I will try to keep it as alive as possible, and your visit and comment really motivated me A LOT. So you know what to do next rite? :) See ya! -alfie

Little kitty at Teluk Bahang harbor


Finishing bite


Enjoying solidarity...

Wah more food on the table...Come on, eat your watermelon la, dont be greedy :)


Listen guys, here is a BIG PLAN for Malaysia...He likes to tell story :)

Ha...so Malaysia is not that promising huh? :)
He is one happy guy...
Look what we have got!!
Hi Foong Hooi...
I wish...
It must be my lucky day to get this guy to smile...:)
Waiting for boats
Listening...
Going Home...finally

2 comments:

  1. Alex from Cr here. Some nice pictures Alfie. The cat picture has very good framing. Interesting how Foong Hooi's hand is blurry from the motion. The shutter speed was probably slow, around 1/30 I'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfie,time to upgrade to a DSLR..I think you would have more options to play with the focal length. Don't have to get a high end DSLR but invest on the lenses is sufficient.Thanks for sharing those photos...
    - Kon

    ReplyDelete